martedì 14 dicembre 2010

The Christmas Holy Mass in Italy


These are some of the most important churches in Catania (Italy).
During Christmas -time, people go to churches above all for the Christmas Holy Mass.
Religion is very important in our country. in Catania (the town where we live) a lot of people
(thousands) go to churches for the Christmas Mass on the Christmas eve.
At
midnight the churches (like those in the pictures) are full of people.
They also greet everybody and wishes a merry Christmas to all.
One church in particular (St. Agata la Vetere, see above 1st and 2nd
photo) is the old Cathedral, and even the enclosed nuns come to make
holy
songs and Christmas carols."



By Paolo Chiarenza, Federica Sapienza, Benedetto Mirabella, Andrea Nicotra and Fabio Viglianesi:
I.P.S.S.A.R. "Karol Wojtila" - Catania Italy




2 commenti:

  1. Hardly ever pupils are motivated to push over and over in their knowledge. It might depend on the way we, as teachers, find the right manner to make them feel enthusistic and proud about what they learn.
    When I told them about this project and asked to go out and take pictures at some of the most importnat religious aspects of thier town, they immediately accepted the idea, looking forward to walking along the city-centre and "catching" photos.
    Thanks for this opportunity.
    Santi Motta

    RispondiElimina
  2. My name is Benedetto and my surname is Mirabella. I am 15 ( fifteen ).I am Italian and live in Catania. I’m student at high school for hotel and restaurant ( second class ).I like kitchen and history. I don’t like geography. My favourite hobby is rugby.


    MY FAVOURITE HOBBY IS DANCING.
    MY NAME IS FEDERICA AND MY SURNAME IS SAPIENZA.
    I AM FOURTEEN ; I AM ITALIAN FROM CATANIA .
    I'M STUDENT AT (IPSSAR) HIGH SCHOOL FOR HOTEL AND RESTURANTS (SECOND CLASS).
    I LIKE P.E , BIOLOGY , HISTORY , RECEPTION AND ITALIAN .
    I DON'T LIKE FRENCH.

    My name is Paolo and my surname is Chiarenza. I am 15 fifteen years. I am Italian , I live in Catania. I’m student at higt school for hotel and restaurants
    ( second class ). I like the kitchen and history and Italian. I don’t like french .
    My hobbies are playing at “play-station” and football.

    RispondiElimina